dejagnu

Re: New baseboards for mips targets

From: Steve Ellcey
Subject: Re: New baseboards for mips targets
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 14:53:27 -0700

On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 16:12 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 10/2/2012 4:06 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > I would like to add some new baseboards to dejagnu.  I added a new triplet,
> > mips-mti-elf, to GCC, binutils, and newlib (libgloss).  The newlib change
> > included new linker scripts for using the gnu simulator and I would like to
> > add
> > new baseboards that use those linker scripts.  I also added baseboards
> > for an existing target, mips-sim-sde*, that I included in my newlib patch.
> For my understanding and testing purposes, could you explain what
> each base board corresponds to?
>
> Can there be a comment in each file clarifying that?

While looking at where to put a comment I realized that these baseboards
had an if statement checking for ecoff that they didn't need because
they are elf only.

How about if I change (as an example):

# Use idt.
if { [board_info $board obj_format] == "ecoff" } {
    set_board_info ldscript "-Tidtecoff.ld"
} else {
    set_board_info ldscript "-Tmti32.ld"
}

to:

# Use the mti32.ld linker script from libgloss for the o32 ABI on the
# mips32 architecture.
set_board_info ldscript "-Tmti32.ld"

The other boards would be changed similarly to say they are for the
o32/n32/n64 ABIs on the mips32 or mips64 architectures.

Would that meet your commenting needs or do you want something more?

If this looks good I can resubmit the entire patch with these changes.
I am currently doing some sanity testing just to make sure that removing
the if statement doesn't affect anything.

Steve Ellcey
address@hidden