dejagnu

Re: nomenclature

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: nomenclature
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:07:56 +0200

Hello Daniel,

thanks much for your fast response!

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 04:34:10PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Also, host_execute doesn't do what you think it does.  You'd want
> "remote_exec host" to run programs, and some other mechanism besides
> host_execute to decide whether tests pass or fail.  I think
> host_execute is just misnamed.

1. Do I understand it correctly: I have to call remote_exec and check
   for PASS / FAIL / UNRESOLVED in .exp myself? Can you recommend an
   example for that, I don't know how to grep a variable for substrings?

2. I couldn't find a way to get the hostname that I set via
   set_board_info in my B.exp file. How can I do that?

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.