dejagnu

Antw: [DejaGnu] dejagnu example....

From: Niklaus Giger
Subject: Antw: [DejaGnu] dejagnu example....
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:21:30 +0200

>>> Philip A. Wilsey <address@hidden> 19.09.01 01:58:44 >>>
>I have spent the past week learning about DejaGnu and the runtest
>script.  As part of my studies I created a small example with plenty of
>debugging print statements to show me the steps that runtest went
>through during it's execution.  Attached is my small example along with
>a README file that documents my findings.  In any event, I'm forwarding
>them to you so you can review them for possible inclusion in the
>documentation/examples subdirectories of the dejagnu distribution.

Thank you very much for your work. I also already spent a few days
trying to understand DejaGNU.

In order to get rid of the errors while executing autoconf
/usr/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

I used the following sequence:

$ aclocal
$ automake
$ ./configure
$ make check

Now I have the following problem when doing a "make check"
ERROR: tcl error sourcing /cygdrive/h/dejagnu.inst/helloDemo/testsuite/site.exp.
can not find channel named "stdout"
    while executing
"puts "DEBUG: site.exp is being loaded""
    (file "/cygdrive/h/dejagnu.inst/helloDemo/testsuite/site.exp" line 9)
    invoked from within
"source /cygdrive/h/dejagnu.inst/helloDemo/testsuite/site.exp"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 source /cygdrive/h/dejagnu.inst/helloDemo/testsuite/site.exp"
    invoked from within
"catch "uplevel #0 source $file""
make[2]: *** [check-DEJAGNU] Error 1
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

When executing "make check >my_output" I get the following errors:
WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
./depcomp: Can't open ./depcomp: No such file or directory
make[1]:  *** [hello.o] Error 2
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

Does anybody now what is going on here?

Regards