dejagnu

[DejaGnu] how to test my remote target

From: HAVERKAM
Subject: [DejaGnu] how to test my remote target
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:49:45 +0200

Hi,

I want to test some programs on my remote targets. These are connected via
ethernet to my hostsystem. I tried to use expect for that using telnet to
connect, than execute my program and afterwards comparing the result
with the ones I expect to be.

I presume that the dejagnu testframework will ease my work but I could
not make a similar thing running with dejagnu. I read the dejagnu manual
but I could not find an example fitting to my needs - even no idea to write
it on my own.

My configuration looks like that:

hostsystem
intel linux
herakles  ---------- fsp0 - 1st target system
|                                       intel i686 running linux

+---------------- walnut - 2nd target system
                                       ppc running linux too

Now I want e.g. to execute bc on both systems to test if they are working.
Therefore I use an dejagnu script I found in a book. It works fine on the
hostsystem,
but now I want to run the test on the remote systems. But this completly
fails,
because I did not really understand the manual. Can you help me with that??

Where must I specify telnet username and password correctly for the
boards?
Where do I have to put the target description files and how do they look
like?

Any help would be appreciated,

Frank

Here are the results of my attempts. The first one seems to run ok, it is
out of a
book. The second is my unsucessfull attempt to run it on my remote system.

address@hidden testing]$ runtest --all --tool bc
WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
WARNING: Couldn't find tool init file
Test Run By haver on Fri Jun  8 13:37:28 2001
Native configuration is i686-pc-linux

                === bc tests ===

Schedule of variations:
    unix

Running target unix
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file for
target.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for
target.
Using ./config/default.exp as tool-and-target-specific interface file.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for
target.
Running ./bc.test/bc.exp ...
PASS: 2+2
PASS: 3-7
PASS: 9/3
PASS: 5*5

                === bc Summary ===

# of expected passes            4

Here I want to start it with the fsp0 target board:

address@hidden testing]$ runtest --all --tool bc --target_board fsp0
WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
WARNING: Couldn't find tool init file
Test Run By haver on Fri Jun  8 13:37:37 2001
Native configuration is i686-pc-linux

                === bc tests ===

Schedule of variations:
    fsp0

Running target fsp0
ERROR: couldn't load description file for fsp0
address@hidden testing]$

Here is my config/default.exp file.

#
# default.exp
#
load_generic_config "unix";

case "$target_triplet" in {
    "native" {
    }
    "i?86-*-linux-*" {
     set_target_list { $target_triplet }
     set target_info(target,name)             "fsp0"
     set target_info(target,config)           $target_triplet
     set target_info(target,connect)          telnet
     set target_info(target,target)           fsp0
     set target_info(target,telnet_username)  haver
     set target_info(target,telnet_password)  blabla
    }
    "powerpc-linux-*" {
     set_target_list { $target_triplet }
     set target_info(target,name)             "walnut"
     set target_info(target,config)           $target_triplet
     set target_info(target,connect)          telnet
     set target_info(target,target)           walnut
     set target_info(target,telnet_username)  haver
     set target_info(target,telnet_password)  blabla
    }
}

# push_target "fsp0"
# push_host   "fsp0"