ddd

Has anyone figure out the fix to bug #41485: "SourceView.C:8724: asserti

From: Kerich, John T. (GSFC-444.0)[Arctic Slope Technical Services, Inc.]
Subject: Has anyone figure out the fix to bug #41485: "SourceView.C:8724: assertion `*proc_id == *id' failed"?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 12:48:07 +0000

I am sending this email about “bug #41485: SourceView.C:8724: assertion `*proc_id == *id' failed” which has not be assigned for work since it was written.  The bug appeared when our project moved to a RHEL 7 OS boxes.   You can read my comment appended to 41485 on what we are doing to work around the problem, but I was hoping that someone out there also had this problem and figured out how to fix it but never added a comment to 41485.  Currently the work around we are using is not 100% successful (turning glyphs off) and ddd is still coring with

SourceView.C: In function `static void SourceView::UpdateGlyphsWorkProc(void, XtIntervalId)':
SourceView.C:8724: assertion `proc_id == id' failed
Aborted (core dumped)

(just not as much as before).  We still think some font package is missing from the minimum install the SAs are doing, but I am hoping that someone has figured out what the correct fix is as more people move on to RHEL 7 boxes.  So has anyone figured out want package the SAs need to install to permanently stop ddd from coring out when you step into a function?

John T. Kerich

ASRC Federal

Nasa GSFC
Building 13 Room 141 Cube 4