ddd

Re: ddd Problems --- Again

From: Fred Krogh
Subject: Re: ddd Problems --- Again
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:50:05 -0700

On 06/24/2015 12:10 PM, Michael Eager wrote:
On 06/16/2015 05:38 PM, Fred Krogh wrote:
I'm a heavy user of ddd, and until today it has been working better than ever. Now all of sudden if I set a breakpoint several levels down, ddd hangs. This has happened before and the only solution that seemed to work was to set a breakpoint at an earlier subroutine call then step through the call and then continue onto the desired breakpointl. As best I can recall this just started working again and then broke today. The problem is still there if I delete ~/.ddd/init. I did give a look into the insight alternative, and it does not work with gentoo packages (either for me or for one
other gentoo user).  Perhaps someone has an idea?

This sounds more like a gdb issue than one in ddd.  Can you reproduce
the problem running gdb from the command line?

If it is a gdb problem, try asking on the gdb mailing list.
Be sure to give a complete description of the problem, including
the system you are running on, what compiler and version of gdb
you are using, and all gdb commands and messages.

Thanks for the thoughts. I had checked that gdb worked just fine before posting the above. After setting the extra breakpoints for awhile, the problem mysteriously disappeared. I can live with that!