ddd

Re: DDD

From: Fred Krogh
Subject: Re: DDD
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 09:07:46 -0700

I thought I might be able to help a little by giving this a try. But I may not have adequate knowledge to be useful. After

svn co svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/ddd/branches/gddd

I have a nice gddd directory. I'm a little fuzzy on what the next step should be. I tried

autoconf

and got this

configure.ac:59: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:154: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
configure.ac:191: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LEX
configure.ac:265: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:488: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL

Then tried automake and got

configure.ac: error: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.ac: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal)
configure.ac:53: error: required file './config.guess' not found
+ many more complaints

If you want to do some hand holding to get me further along, I will do some checking of gddd, It's quite understandable if you feel your time is better spent elsewhere. I am on an Gentoo system, with autoconf-2.69.
Thanks for your work on this.
Fred