ddd

Re: How to DDD get the source infomation from a debug build binary

From: shaunak saha
Subject: Re: How to DDD get the source infomation from a debug build binary
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 21:15:38 -0800

Hi,

I think you are asking about how gdb(if you are using c code) gets the info from debug build binary. You can get that info from gdb documentation.
DDD is not a stand-alone debugger, but only a front end to a command-line debugger — typically, the GNU debugger (GDB) and many other . Actually, every user interaction eventually gets translated into a debugger command, and the debugger's reply is shown in the GUI.
We have plans to move to MI2 interface in future for gbd.

Regards,
Shaunak