ddd

Re: Problem trying to get DDD to debug a simple assembly language progra

From: shaunak saha
Subject: Re: Problem trying to get DDD to debug a simple assembly language program
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 22:44:13 -0700

Hi Zarko,

Thanks for your reply.

>I'm using ddd as a tool in assembly programming class, and I think I could help you, but I'll need the source files that you are trying to run through ddd (I >don't use nasm, but gcc's assembler), to see what's going on.

I also use gcc's assembler and it works fine for me in DDD. I m trying to reproduce the same issue that "Rich" reported by using the nasm.

>Regarding the fonts issue, it was reported and solved long time ago, but never got into the ddd source (http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.debugging.ddd.general/8238https://bugs.launchpad.net/ddd/+bug/959664).

The last release was on Feb 2009 version 3.3.12(Dale Head). After that many patched got submitted but no new version of DDD got released with those patches. We are planning to make a DDD release soon with all the proper patches submitted and also with few new features.

In parallel, work is in progress to change the UI from Motif to a modern GUI toolkit(gtkmm,Qt).

Regards,
Shaunak