ddd

Re: Timetable for 3.3.12 release.

From: Peter Wainwright
Subject: Re: Timetable for 3.3.12 release.
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 08:30:07 +0000

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 08:07 -0800, Fred Krogh wrote:
> Peter Wainwright wrote:
> > Unless anyone objects, I'd like to release 3.3.12 next week (Sunday 8th
> > Feb).
> >

> I'm getting the following errors in ~/.ddd/log.  The files listed are
> indeed missing in the vsllib directory.
>
> <- "(gdb) "
> #  Creating display...
> #  VSL: green.vsl: No such file or directory
> #  VSL: rednil.vsl: No such file or directory
> #  VSL: smalltitles.vsl: No such file or directory
> #  VSL: smallvalues.vsl: No such file or directory
> #  Creating display...done.
>
> It does not appear that this is causing any real problems.
> Fred

These files should be in <prefix>/share/ddd-<version>/themes (not
vsllib).  Can you check there?

On startup, DDD searches for a valid themes directory in these
locations:

"<prefix>/share/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"<prefix>/share/ddd"
"<prefix>/share/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"<prefix>/share/ddd"
"<prefix>/lib/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"<prefix>/lib/ddd"
"<prefix>/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"<prefix>/ddd"
"/usr/local/share/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"/usr/local/share/ddd"
"/usr/local/lib/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"/usr/local/lib/ddd"
"/usr/local/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"/usr/local/ddd"
"/usr/share/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"/usr/share/ddd"
"/usr/lib/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"/usr/lib/ddd"
"/usr/ddd-3.3.12-rc2"
"/usr/ddd"

Perhaps you could try running "strace -eopen ddd 2>strace.out", and see
which locations are being searched for (e.g.) rednil.vsl?

Peter