ddd

Re: ddd & bash or bashdb

From: Peter Wainwright
Subject: Re: ddd & bash or bashdb
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:43:30 +0100

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 10:35 -0400, R. Bernstein wrote:
> You should install ddd-3.3.12-test6.tar.gz (released last February):
>   http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61395&package_id=65341
>
> 3.3.11 is from 2005. Although all of the code in "test6" is in fact in
> ddd CVS, efforts to get the ddd maintainers to release this code have
> fallen on deaf ears.

I agree it is probably time for another release, and (if I take over as
maintainer) I will work to make this happen.

I would point out that in future, the only official repository is the
Subversion repository on Savannah (savannah.gnu.org).  The last tag
there is DDD_3_3_12_test5; it looks like test6 was lost because it was
committed to CVS on Sourceforge.  Some confusion has occurred because
there were both CVS and Subversion repositories on Sourceforge; the CVS
repository was not moved. However, I think it is only a tiny patch
(maybe a change in version number only?) which remains to be merged.

Peter Wainwright