ddd

Re: DDD not showing entire file

From: Peter Wainwright
Subject: Re: DDD not showing entire file
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 20:05:06 +0100

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 16:18 +0200, Tiago Elvas wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to ddd and I'm having a problem. I open a source file and it
> only shows me 81 lines. Actually, the file has many more.
>
> Can you help me solve this?

Is it possible for you to attach the file, or a link to the file?

IIRC, whenever I have seen this type of file truncation, it has been
associated with the presence of non-ASCII characters in the file. Check
if the truncation of the file occurs at such a character. DDD does not
seem to cope with the modern trend of encoding characters in UTF-8. I
don't know of any way around this but to remove the offending character
from the file (it must presumably occur in a comment or a quoted string,
so this should be possible without breaking the program).

(I'm working on a version of DDD which will use GTK widgets: this will
enable proper handling of UTF-8, among other goodies).

Peter Wainwright