ddd

RE: Introduce myself

From: Roger Gilbert
Subject: RE: Introduce myself
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 22:37:32 -0800

I was totally done in assembler. I created everything including the
multitasking operating system
myself. Because of security, and sourcing we could not buy or use code from
anyone else. We had
to create everything on our own.

Because we were doing pattern recognition, every single clock cycle of a cpu
was important.

We would do things like push an address on the stack, and then execute a
return instruction to go
to a subroutine, because that took 2 clock cycles of the cpu less than a
call instruction.

But I tell you it really created some weird looking code.

I quit that 10 years ago. At that time C compilers were not effiecient
enough or created compact
enough code to use them. That was why I never learned C.

When you work on a project like that, no one person ever knows the entire
code, each person works only
on segments of it.

I rather enjoy commercial projects more. Not all the cloak and dagger stuff.
Not all the security.
If I want to use a subroutine I do not have to justify it with 400 pages of
documentation.

That's why I am trying to get DDD debugger working so I can debug my new C
code I am writing.

Roger