ddd

Hello I am a new user

From: Roger Gilbert
Subject: Hello I am a new user
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:33:45 -0800

Hello,

My name is Roger and I am new to this program.

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am

having.

I have a program that is a single module "main.c"

I have three other header files that are included

I use a Makefile to create my code

I add the  -g -o options to my compile

I then start DDD with ddd main

Everthing loads just fine, I can start and stop the program with no problems

I can examin memory and variables no problems

I can set breakpoints and single step

I set a breakpoint at my file open subroutine.

I start the program. The external computer sends the command to open a file

It never breaks, but I know the code runs through there as the file opens and starts

to transfer to the other computer.

If I debug a program that does not link to external libs the program can break at

breakpoints and no problem. It seems like when I link to external libraries the

breakpoints never stop the execution.

Am I missing something ? I have read through the documents and can not find

a solution.

Roger