ddd

Re: /root/init.c no such file or directory and UTF8

From: Peter Wainwright
Subject: Re: /root/init.c no such file or directory and UTF8
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:55:38 +0100

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 23:32 -0700, Zhongwen Tang wrote:
> I'm new in ddd and Linux. My question may be naive.
>
> When I try to open a program in ddd, it says "/root/init.c no such
> file or directory". Plus I get the following information in the
> console:
>
> "UTF-8 char map detected. Switching off UTF-8 char map as ddd has
> problem with it. Read README.SUSE for more information".
>
> Anybody can help me to get it work? Thanks.
>
> Zhongwen

Neither of those messages is fatal, DDD should still work.  You do not
say what the problem is, in what sense it does not work.  A few ideas:
If you do not see your program source code, make sure you have compiled
with the "-g" option.  Also make sure you have not deleted or moved your
source files since you compiled the program.

Peter Wainwright