ddd

Status of the GTK port

From: Peter Wainwright
Subject: Status of the GTK port
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:44:44 +0000

I'd like to announce that the GTK port is still very much a live effort,
and a lot of code has been dumped to the SVN repository, branch "gddd",
in recent weeks.

However, this is a still a developers-only release.  I know it doesn't
work, there's labels missing on buttons, a bunch of error/warning
messages, some widgets just don't show up and it will frequently crash.

However, on the bright side, almost all the functions necessary to
support DDD have been isolated in a "cross-platform" GUI interface (see
the headers in gtkx/GtkX).  Much of this is a direct rip-off of the
Gtkmm interface - the implementation for Gtkmm passes through many of
the calls and signals one-to-one.  The legacy support of Motif through
this interface is broken, however.

There remains much to be done on several important custom widgets, for
example the source view browser and the data display widget (although
the cross-platform interface for low-level drawing primitives is fairly
well advanced).

For more information see

http://www.ceiriog.eclipse.co.uk/ddd-gtk.pdf

Regards,