ddd

Re: Want to know structure where Variable name , Value , address , type

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: Want to know structure where Variable name , Value , address , type etc. is stored
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:28:03 +0200

On 7/27/07, swapnil kamble <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
    I want to design a small debugger . Not a complete debugger , just
want to display value of variables of C program.
    In our simple C program whatever variables we declared . Few
things are always associated with it like variable type,variable name,
its address ,value of that variable.
    Anyone who knows how ddd gets these values ? And If I want to do
that how can I do it?

Try looking for the DWARF specs.
This question is more suited to the gdb list.

Andrew