ddd

ddd-3.3.12-test2 questions

From: David Relson
Subject: ddd-3.3.12-test2 questions
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:15:56 -0400

Greetings,

I've built ddd-3.3.12-test2 from cvs for my Gentoo system and it's
running -- sort of ...

First, it complains:

This DDD version (3.3.12-test2) has expired since Friday, 2006-02-24,
at 00:00.  Please upgrade to a more recent DDD version.

Is there anything I ought to do about this (other than nuke the
version string in vr.h) ?

Second, I'd like to use ddd with python.  To support that I have pydb
version 1.22 installed.  When I run "ddd prog.py", ddd starts up but
the source code isn't loaded into the source window.  I can load it
using File::OpenSource, but shouldn't ddd to that for me?  Also, as I
start stepping through the code, I expect the source window to show the
progress, but it doesn't do so?

Is there anything I ought to do about this?

Lastly, as I test I created a small C program, named ddd_test.c.  ddd
works fine with it, though hitting "step" at a library function
call, for example a call to printf, attempts to enter the function.  Is
there any way to have ddd automatically step _over_ such calls?

Thanks.

David