ddd

breakpoints yes, step no

From: Charles Krinke
Subject: breakpoints yes, step no
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:07:21 -0700

I have an embedded system with a PPC8541 using remote debugging across the
serial port. I am using Fedora Core 6 on my host along with DDD 3.3.11 and
Linux 2.6.17.11 on the PPC8541 target.

I can stop the kernel boot with 'kgdbwait' on the command line, startup ddd/gdb
and set a breakpoint on do_fork which triggers reliably.

>From there, I can delete that breakpoint, set a breakpoint further along in
>do_fork or continue using ddd to a location further along, but I cannot
>execute 'step'.

When I execute a cont from either the gdb window or the ddd window, I do see
the message:

"Can't send signals to this remote system. SIGILL not sent.

This problem occurs with or without ddd running the inferior debugger, so I
suspect it is a gdb/target issue and not necessarily a ddd issue.

Mostly, I am trying to understand what is going on.

Charles