ddd

Problems about ddd3.3.9-1 on cygwin

From: Iverson Hsieh -謝承恩
Subject: Problems about ddd3.3.9-1 on cygwin
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:36:47 +0800

Dear ddd & gdb experts:
    I install ddd.3.3.9-1 on cygwin environment ( cygwin dll is 1.5.24-1).
    I have some questions when running ddd.
    I have read a lot of mails on the mail list, but I could not find answers.
    Please help me.

1.About GDB command script file.
    I write a gdb command script file.
    It can be run successfully in gdb. I type the following command.
    $xscale-elf-gdb --command=test.cfg

    However, it can not be run successfully in ddd. I type the following command
    $ddd -gdb --command=test.cfg

    The test.cfg is
# use bootext.elf as a executable file
file ./beobj/bootext.elf
# connect to target
target remote localhost:3333
# Tell GDB architecture is xscale and endian is big.
set architecture xscale
set endian big
# Tell GDB to use 1024 bytes packes when downloading, this
# reduces load image download times, it is optional.
set remote memory-write-packet-size 1024
set remote memory-write-packet-size fixed
# Tell ocdremote that we're going to be in big endian mode.
monitor endian big
# Set big endian mode in this processor.
monitor reg ctl = 0xf8
# initalize SDRAM controller on this target board.
monitor mww 0xCC000000 0xa
monitor mww 0xCC000004 0x0
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x3
monitor mww 0xCC000004 0x81
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x2
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x4
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x4
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x4
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x4
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x4
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x4
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x4
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x4
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x1
monitor mww 0xCC000008 0x6
# Let 0x0 is SDRAM address space.
monitor mww 0xC4000020 0x00FFFFFE
# Give mww some time to run.
monitor sleep 2
# fill BCA parameters (please refer to project.h for more BCA information)
echo ### fill BCA parameters (please refer to project.h for more BCA information) ###\n
# fill DebugFlag=0, EngDebugFlag=1.
monitor mww 0x03FFBF08 0x00000001
# fill RAMEndPtr=ram_size-TLB_LEN.
monitor mww 0x03FFBF0C 0x03FFC000
# clean StackPtr
monitor mww 0x03FFBF10 0x00000000
# clean ErrorCtl
monitor mww 0x03FFBF14 0x00000000
# clean PwdTimeStamp
monitor mww 0x03FFBF18 0x00000000
# fill BBaseVerPtr
monitor mww 0x03FFBF1C 0x00000837
# fill BBaseTmrPtr
monitor mww 0x03FFBF20 0x00000857
# fill BBaseVerStr
monitor mww 0x03FFBF34 0x00000000
monitor mww 0x03FFBF38 0x00000000
monitor mww 0x03FFBF3C 0x00000000
# fill BBaseTmrStr
monitor mww 0x03FFBF54 0x00000036
monitor mww 0x03FFBF58 0x333A3131
monitor mww 0x03FFBF5C 0x3A323000
# Now we should be ready to use the target.
monitor halt
# Download ELF file to target (symbol table also will be kept into GDB).
echo ### Download ELF file to target (symbol table also will be kept into GDB). ###\n
load
# Several single step to avoid mini-Icache issue.
si
si
si
si
si
si
si
si
si
si
si
si
monitor sleep 1
# This is because Xscale use mini-Icache to run the JTAG monitor, once you have re-set vector table,
# you should single step until these re-set vector table instructions completely. This can make sure
# JTAG monitor sync with new vector table. Otherwise, your target will crash.
# Remove special BOOTEXT symbol table
symbol-file
monitor sleep 1
# Download RAS symbol table into GDB
symbol ./rasobj/rasISR110.elf -readnow
# Set temporal hardware break point on RAS C_Entry
# It is better to stop one time when this target is from Bootext to RAS,
# otherwise GDB/Insight will become incontrollable.
tbreak C_Entry
# Let target continue to run until RAS C_Entry

    During running ddd, it always stops at "symbol ./rasobj/rasISR110.elf -readnow".

    However, if I start ddd fisrt, then I run test.cfg in ddd, it can be run successfully.
    For example:
        I type the following command
    $ddd -gdb
        In debugger console of ddd, I type the following command.
    gdb)source test.cfg

2. Cannot find first source file after runing test.cfg
    In test.cfg, I set ddd to read bootext.elf first.
    After finishing bootext.elf, my code will jump to rasISR110.elf.
    So, I use the command, symbol ./rasobj/rasISR110.elf -readnow, to change symbol.
    However, after finishing test.cfg, source window in ddd still use the first file of bootext.elf not rasISR110.elf.
    So, ddd will show "cannot find xxx.s".
    I don't know how to solve it.
    Please help me.

3.About scroll bar
    In source window, debugger console, and machine code window of ddd, the scroll bar is opposited with click scrolling of my mouse.
    But in data window, it's behavior is right.
    I can't find how to correct it.

    Thank very much for your help.