ddd

Re: Can commit to SVN (could under CVS though)

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: Can commit to SVN (could under CVS though)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:13:08 -0500

Peter Wainwright writes:
 > I would imagine the complete list of developers is available to the
 > admins only.

Apparently not. Here's the link to the page I was trying get to before.
http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=7500

 > I've never been an admin on Sourceforge.
 > However, for comparison my permissions are listed on the page you
 > mentioned
 > like this:
 >
 >       * You are listed as a developer (not administrator) for this
 >         project.
 >       * You cannot perform file release operations on this project.
 >       * You cannot manage documentation (in DocManager) for this
 >         project.
 >       * You cannot moderate forums for this project.
 >       * You cannot manage news postings for this project.
 >       * You cannot manage screenshots for this project.
 >       * You cannot manage Tracker items (in all Trackers, by default)
 >         for this project.
 >       * You cannot manage Tasks for this project.
 >       * You may access and commit to this project's CVS repository
 >         (unless otherwise restricted by a cvs_acls installation).
 >       * You may access and perform write operations to this project's
 >         Subversion repository (unless otherwise prevented by ACLs).
 >       * You may modify the contents of the project web site for this
 >         project (unless otherwise restricted by file permissions and
 >         ownership) on the project shell server.

Interesting. Silly of me not to have noticed this before. I compared
with what I get and it looks like I should have access. I may even
have fewer "cannot"s! The relevant line though is:

  You may access and perform write operations to this project's
  Subversion repository (unless otherwise prevented by ACLs).

So this should do it - unless otherwise prevented by ACSs.

 > I don't know how granular these permissions are. Perhaps you have access
 > to CVS
 > but not Subversion?

Just tried a test in CVS. Yes, that still works.

 > Peter Wainwright

Thanks for the info and your help.