ddd

Problem with Xfig Display Output ..

From: Tom Poliquin
Subject: Problem with Xfig Display Output ..
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 01:56:49 -0700

I'm a DDD newbie .. so far it looks awesome!

I  created a display of complicated linked structures in DDD
(3.3.11 Fedora FC5 ) worked great .. I'd like to publish it to others
so I did a 'File->Print Graph'   to a .fig file.

When reading the file into Xfig is says ..

    xfig3.2.4: SIGSEGV signal trapped
    xfig: figure empty or not modified - exiting
    Aborted

I also tried Xfig 3.25 alpha .. same result.

For fun instead of exporting the entire 'tree'
 I tried simply 'printing' one 'block' to
a .fig file and Xfig likes it. The problem seems
to occur with 'edges' .. as importing 3  'blocks'
(structures) with connections fails.

The same small example works as a PS file ..

File->Print Graph selection for 3 structure example:

Filetype -> Fig
Print -> Displays (selection-only)
Orientation -> Portrait
Paper Size -> Letter

Simple failing example with 3 connected structures
printed to a .fig file ..
http://www.faroth.com/~poliquin/dddproblem/figfile.txt

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,

Thanks,