ddd

Re: "Unable to parse pathname-substitutions" in source window.

From: soumya das
Subject: Re: "Unable to parse pathname-substitutions" in source window.
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:32:18 +0100 (BST)

see i hav never had such a problemm.. see ur file is not gettin tracked ... then try this.. file->change directory n gve there the path name of ur file... then file->open source... while doing this click the button
for loading shared libraries...

basically if u r attachin ddd to a process then do it first.. then insert some breakpoint somewhere in ur file.. n then run...

if u r not attachin to a process,,, then u r debugging a file... first compile the file... then file->open source until u can see ur program on the source window... then click on run or continue.

Scott Andrew <address@hidden> wrote:
I have done the foollowing.

1. Open executable
2. Run.
3. Select "Open source" from the file menu.

That is basically it. I can do a list filename:line # and that works. However after the file loads i get "Unable to parse pathname-substitutions" error in the GDB console.

Scott