ddd

RE: PostScript docs from DVI or PDF?

From: Atwood, Robert C
Subject: RE: PostScript docs from DVI or PDF?
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:20:26 -0000

I've noticed that some TeX distributions "helpfully" replace some
standard LaTeX or TeX with pdfTeX versions of the same command, which is
not so good if you actually want the dvi. Eg, the output below from my
cygwin default installation of TeTex. I only just notice this the other
day, I am not a huge TeX user (yet) but I like to get what I ask for so
I noticed this odd behaviour when trying to create some cross-platform
documentation (did't use texinfo but maybe I should?  ) I don't know if
this is causing your problem but it's a possibility.

address@hidden ~
$ latex
This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
 file:line:error style messages enabled.
 %&-line parsing enabled.
**

By the way, I really like the debuggable make, whatever you wind up
calling it. I have not actually tried it linked into ddd so far, though
I found out about it from this list ...  just the command line use has
provided me with the tools I was needing. Thanks for developing this.
Robert