ddd

RE: Cannot build from cvs on the new machine...

From: Atwood, Robert C
Subject: RE: Cannot build from cvs on the new machine...
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:40:18 -0000

A little probing seems to indicate that the $EGREP variable is somehow
not set ??? Why would this be??

Therefore tests of the type

  24750 if (eval "$ac_cpp conftest.$ac_ext") 2>&5 |
  24751   $EGREP "${ice_re_word}setrlimit *$ice_re_params\(\("
>/dev/null 2>&1; then
  24752   ice_cv_have_setrlimit_decl=yes
  24753 fi

are all failing. Issuing
export EGREP=egrep

before ./configure results in a successful build.

I have wht I think are uptodate autoconf and automake, updated from
source instead of Suse's incredibly old packages , here's the versions.

# autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.

# automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6
Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
hive2:/sources/local/ddd #