ddd

Re: unicode strings

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: unicode strings
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:09:05 +0200

Gadi Bergman wrote:
Hello Andrew and thank you for your very quick response,

I do not expect the protocol for X to be Unicode-based. However,
programs written in Java do display their characters correctly for all
languages when running under X. I assume that they are drawing their own
characters with built-in fonts. That would be hard to expect from
text-based GDB, but since DDD is a graphic application then it is much
more natural.

Thanks again,
Gadi.

OK, then what's needed is a dialog box for DDD to specify the encoding,
and a button in "examine memory" which will unpack the bytes returned by
gdb in the encoding specified.  Yeah, that would do the trick.

Feel like contributing a patch?