ddd

DDD can find debugging symbols?

From: Steve Warwick
Subject: DDD can find debugging symbols?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:53:26 -0700

Hi,

         I'm a newbie to using gdb and ddd. I'm trying to use DDD (GNU gdb
6.3.50.20050412-cvs) on Redhat linux 3.3.1. I'm trying to step into a couple of
files in a shared library that were built with debugging info (-g) and I get
the following message:

Line 1 of "FileSystem.cpp" is at address 0x873958 <CStFileSystem> but contains
no code.

What is also strange is that file display window only shows the first few lines
of the file which is just a piece of header of the file. Is there some reason
ddd can not find or use the symbol information for these files?

       Thanks,
         Steve