ddd

Re: curses version of DDD

From: Spundun Bhatt
Subject: Re: curses version of DDD
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:08:55 -0800

Edward Peschko wrote:

hey all,

yes, I know it might be a contradiction in terms, but is there a curses equivalent to ddd, or a curses mode of ddd?

I can only debug my code over an ssh link, and don't have access to an
X-display. However, I'd like to use ddd because of its wide support
for different debuggers, as well as its display capabilities.

Am I out of luck? Or is there already a version like this out there
somewhere? And if not ddd, what would people suggest (aside from emacs)

Have you tried using gdb? http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/gdb.html

Thats the debugger ddd uses as the back end.

Also... I am curious why you dont have a X server on your client computer? Do you not have admin previlages to install it or is it just not there? Are you on windows? there are xservers available for windows you know.

Hope this helps.
Spundun

p.s.: the port of ddd I would like to see is a gtk/glade port :)....

Ed

--
If popularity breeds vulnerability, Apache should have far more vulnerabilities
than IIS. It doesn't.