ddd

Re: Why is DDD so slow ?

From: Arnaud Desitter
Subject: Re: Why is DDD so slow ?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:28:23 -0000

Hi,

In short, you are very welcome to make it faster.
A few hints:
- use the CVS repository version (./CVSmake will bootstrap the
 configuration process)
- ddd --trace gives you a timing for the various operations.
- building ddd with profiling ("-pg -g" under g++) will help.
 Run the instrumented ddd, reproduce the problem, stop it.
 Then "gprof /path/to/ddd" should give you some information.

The code that reads a source file could much better written. That
may well be your problem.

Good patches will be applied.

Regards,

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>