ddd

Re: curses version of DDD

From: Arnaud Desitter
Subject: Re: curses version of DDD
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:15:39 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Peschko" <address@hidden>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.debugging.ddd.general
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 2:39 AM
Subject: curses version of DDD

hey all,

yes, I know it might be a contradiction in terms, but is there a
curses equivalent to ddd, or a curses mode of ddd?

I can only debug my code over an ssh link, and don't have access to an
X-display. However, I'd like to use ddd because of its wide support
for different debuggers, as well as its display capabilities.

ddd is an X application, no way around it.

Am I out of luck? Or is there already a version like this out there
somewhere? And if not ddd, what would people suggest (aside from emacs)

Use gdb/dbx/... directly ? Or install an X server (on Windows, cygwin is the
way to go).

Regards,