ddd

ddd / gdb problem

From: Mansoor Ali Khan
Subject: ddd / gdb problem
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:45:09 +0500

DDD version: 3.3.1
GDB version: GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.0post-0.20040223.17rh)

I am new to GDB / DDD environment. One strange thing I have noticed
while using DDD (or any other graphical frontend for GDB) that mostly
debugger is out of sync with the actual execution of the progam. For
example when I try to go inside a function, it will step through a few
lines just fine and then all of a sudden it jumps back to the start of
that function leaving no clue of which line is being executed. Loops
seem to have a similar problem. This kind of behaviour renders debugging
quite useless. I dont know why this issue is showing up on my system. It
looks more like a problem with GDB rather than DDD. Any help will be
highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mansoor