ddd

problems installing DDD

From: dm9
Subject: problems installing DDD
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:30:17 +0000

Hi there,
I am having problems installing DDD. I have downloaded ddd 3.3.10 and also
lesstif 0.94. I first
did a configure and then make on lesstif and that was fine. I then cd to ddd
3.3.10 folder and
did a configure but am getting the following error,

                  The Motif library '-lXm' could not be found.
                  Please use the configure options '--with-motif-includes=DIR'
                  and '--with-motif-libraries=DIR' to specify the Xm location.
                  See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
                  for further diagnostics.

I tried putting in the --with-motif......   commands but to no avail. I am not
sure what to put in
for DIR. I tried the following but I keep getting the same error,

./configure
--with-motif-includes=/usr/local/src/lesstif-0.94.0/include/Motif-2.1/Xm
--with-motif-libraries=/usr/local/src/lesstif-0.94.0/lib

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this,
Thanks,
Denis.