ddd

Re: Question about not deferenceable pointers

From: Uli Tuerk
Subject: Re: Question about not deferenceable pointers
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:23:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Andrew!

> Is your pointer a void* ?
>
> If so, the underlying debugger has no idea what structure to show
> when dereferencing it.

Yes, it is. I thought, it isn't but the definition of the field was well
hidden :-( Thanks for the hint!
Is there any way to typecast the pointer when using gdb? I know the data
type it points to. I tried to give the typecast in the display command but
without
success (e.g. "(RegNode *) n" when n is the pointer).

Regards,

Uli