ddd

window flickering and motiff library

From: axa
Subject: window flickering and motiff library
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:49:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.
Forgive me if I sent this mail to wrong address, but I did not see any
info regarding some mailing list (forum, or such) in doc files shipped
with "ddd" source release.

I compiled ddd-3.3.8 (also tried 3.3.9-test2) with gcc=3.2.3, with X and
gdb=5.3 on Slackware 9.1 linux distribution.

My first question is, is it normal, that window (in DDD) starts flickering
when I start selecting text with mouse cursor? That is, every time when I
open some file, and for example, start selecting chunk of code, window
starts to flicker, and this happens whether I tried to select some text in
window representing code (text window) or "mini-buffer" (window representing
gdb shell).

And my second question is, since I haven't seen it TODO file, is there even
a plan to switch from old Motiff library to some other? DDD is supposed to
be _GUI_ front-end for gdb, and as such it should be much more nicely
polished to suit users need, and there are many libraries that could do it
in much better manner than Motiff, and which are also portable.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, axa
---
Remember that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be
worse in Cleveland.
                -- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"