ddd

Re: Problem with ddd

From: Tim Combs
Subject: Re: Problem with ddd
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:54:22 -0500

That's a good thing. :)  What that is telling you is that
on program startup, gdb (or the debugger you are using) is trying to
display the entry point of the binary.  The compiler you used compiled
in debugging information for start.S with a relative path.
So DDD is trying to open .../i386/elf/start.S (are you sure there is
three .'s?
To know this for sure, I would:
1. Look at $HOME/.ddd/log.  This file lets you know all the commands
   your inferior debugger is running.
2. Dump the debugging information and look at the compilation unit
   contains the start file to verify that its path is indeed what
   it should be.  (objdump will dump debugging information for gcc
   compiled binaries.)

Tim