ddd

Need help in debugging a program with pipes

From: thirunadh rao
Subject: Need help in debugging a program with pipes
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:43:18 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

        I have a project with a set of executables. The main
executble always invokes the other executables by
using a pipe (using popen system call which internally
calls fork and exec functions). I used
"add-symbol-file" command to load the symbols from all
the executables. After doing this i am able to set
break points in any executable. But my program is
terminating on SIGSEGV signal if i set break points in
any of the invoked executables. If i have a break
point in only the main executable then it is exiting
normally. Can someone help me in debugging different
executables where one executable calls other
executable by pipes ?

Thanks,
Thiru.

Yahoo! India Insurance Special: Be informed on the best policies, services,
tools and more.
Go to: http://in.insurance.yahoo.com/licspecial/index.html