ddd

ddd/gdb message:"can't find linker symbol for virtual table for ` MyObje

From: Joseph Magliocco
Subject: ddd/gdb message:"can't find linker symbol for virtual table for ` MyObject' value"
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:56:27 -0800

Hi,

I'm debugging C++ code with GNU DDD 3.3.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)/GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.2-2)

When trying to display the contents of certain user defined objects, I get the following message:

(gdb) graph display ptr
(gdb) graph display *ptr dependent on 1
(gdb) can't find linker symbol for virtual table for `MyObject' value
Disabling display 2 to avoid infinite recursion.

Has anyone seen this before and can you tell me the cause?

Thanks,

Joe

This email message (including attachments) contains Company Proprietary and/or Confidential Information and is intended only for the addressee.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.