ddd

how to build static ddd

From: james taylor
Subject: how to build static ddd
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:29:46 +0000

Please can you tell me how to build a completely statically-linked version of ddd 3.3.8? I need to run this on a system that has no motif or some of the other libraries, so I want to build a ddd binary that has all the libraries statically linked in.

I've already tried uncommenting the LIBXM "semistatic" defn in the makefile in the ddd directory but the resultant binary still tries to load libXm.so dynamically. I want to build
it with all libraries statically linked (other than libc).