ddd

Re: query

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: query
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:17:04 +1100

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 06:22:34AM +0000, soumya sachidananda wrote:
>   I'm not able to open source files properly in ddd
> incase they have Japanese characters in them. The file
> displays only a few linies upto the line where the Jap
> character is encountered. How do I solve this since I
> need the file to step in thru' the code. I don't want
> to use gdb.
> I'd really appreciate an answer. Thanks.

OK, no-one's come up with a better answer, so you may be desperate
enough to do what we do. When other tools, such as compilers, have
baulked at Japanese characters in comment fields, we strip them.

With the compiler, Japanese characters outside comments could not be
stripped, but even these could be treated in your case (I expect),
because ddd only needs them for display purposes, surely.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Erik