ddd

Re: making ddd on Mac OS X 10.2.6

From: apgaylard
Subject: Re: making ddd on Mac OS X 10.2.6
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:08:35 GMT

> Andrew,
> I was running 'make' then make install' with ddd-3.3.7
> printenv showed
> XAPPLRESDIR=/sw/etc/app-defaults/
> which I passed to ddd's ./configure as in previous email below.
> Thanks!

Have you copied the "Ddd" file (the app-defaults file, not
"ddd", which is the binary itself) to that directory?  That's
what the app is searching for.  The configure process should
create a makefile which copies it there when you do
"make install", but perhaps that isn't happening. (Can you check
this for me, please?  Better still, can you provide a patch for
configure.ac?)

Yours is the first report of a build on MaxOS that I'm aware of.
If this is the only issue, then we're almost there!

> BTW, what's w/the hidden address: <>?

Dunno, I've never seen it since I never mail myself.
It must be put in by my ISP's webmail system which I use.
If you (or anyone else on the list) needs to get hold of me,
I can be reached on

apg
at
users
dot
sf
dot
net

(darn spambot harvesters...)

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail - JUST LIKE THAT
M-Web: S.A.'s most trusted and reliable Internet Service Provider.
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/