ddd

RE: address@hidden: "Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function"

From: David Arnstein
Subject: RE: address@hidden: "Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function"
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:40:06 -0700

David W. wrote

> ... Mr. Scissors was here ...

>   warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
>   GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
>   and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

I get this problem too.  The consequence is that gdbserver breaks execution
frequently, when the program being debugged enters a shared library.  It's a
real inconvenience, since I have to repeatedly press the "Cont" button in
order to get anywhere.

Regarding this problem, I asked for help on an official gdb mailing list a
few monthes ago.  No one replied, so good luck to you.  If you find a
solution, please post!  But realistically, I don't think you'll get any help
from this mailing list.  Your problem involves gdb, not ddd.

D.A.