ddd

ddd and gcc-3.3

From: F.J. Glandorf
Subject: ddd and gcc-3.3
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 10:39:43 +0200

Hi Everyone,

I tried to debug a program which was compiled by gcc-3.3 and encountered the following problem:

ddd opens the program correctly and the debugging seems to go on normally.
But if ddd reaches a point in the program which belongs to an other source file than that were ddd started, ddd can not find the corresponding source file.

There are no problems when the same program is compiled by gcc-2.95.

The option under Edit/Preferences/Source "Refer to Program Sources" on my ddd is fixed and not selectable. Its state is "by Base Name" regardless if the debuged program is compiled by gcc-3.3 or gcc-2.95.

Maybe this is a gcc-3.3 bug, but I think it should be roported to the gcc people by someone who is familiar with the debugging information which is put into the program by the compiler. I dont have the faintest idea
about that.

Or maybe there is an other workaround. Any advice?

I am using ddd on a Pentium 3 running  Debian-Linux.

Cheers Franz-Josef