ddd

Newbie question: Step into function

From: Sponsel Carsten (ext)
Subject: Newbie question: Step into function
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:24:42 +0200

Hi :-)

I'm new in debugging with gdb and ddd and I'm facing a problem.

I want to debug a small test programm, written in C++. I want to step into a
member function of an class-object, which was included and linked from a
library. When I use "step" or "stepi", the ddd will not open the respective
source file. Does DDD not find the library? What is the problem? I also tried
to open the respective source file of the via "Open Source" menu, but it is not
shown in the dialog. Why? I have changed the search path for source files. By
the way: the search path for object files is not saved...

I'm using DDD 3.3.1 on AMD x86_64...

Help would be very appreciated...

bye,
Carsten