ddd

Re: problems install ddd on Mandrake 9.0

From: Bruce A. Mallett
Subject: Re: problems install ddd on Mandrake 9.0
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:02:52 -0500

Since my last message I did get ddd to build. First I needed to install a few packages (some of which I got from Cooker). These are:

lesstif-devel
libxpm4-devel
libbinutils2-devel

and of course I got ddd-3.3.1.tar.gz from ftp.gnu.org

I then unpacked the sources and did:
  ./configure
  make

Next I had to edit the ddd/config.h directory to enable some things that configure did not detect properly. These are as follows:

#define HAVE_IOSTATE 1
#define HAVE_STREAMPOS 1

As I said, the build worked fine (using the default gcc/g++ 3.2). However the scrollbars still do not work correctly.

             - Bruce