ddd

Debug Apache module DSO

From: Ing. Marco Spinetti
Subject: Debug Apache module DSO
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:58:43 +0100

Hi,

I 'm developing a DSO apache module which is important for my company. I have discovered that this module has some strange problem with some version of Linux OS (for example 7.1).

So I'd like to debug it with the most famous tool I know: DDD.

I have compiled apache and my DSO module with -g option (without -O). Then I started apache with StartServers=1 and MinSpareservers=1.

Then I have typed

ddd httpd <pid httpd nobody process>

I have opened my mod_file.c and I have inserted a breakpoint. Then I called with a browser my module (HTTP GET request) but my breakpoint is never reached and I obtain the result in the browser (as if ddd is never called).

How can I debug my DSO module with DDD?

Can someone help me?

Thanks very much

--Marco