ddd

ddd 3.x* Compilation problems with gcc 3*

From: Sai Shankar
Subject: ddd 3.x* Compilation problems with gcc 3*
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:39:55 +0530

Hi,

I noticed a lot of messages dealing with the following problems,
but i didn't see any reply to them in the forum. So i suppose
that the solution below is not generally known. If this is the case,
maybe it can be mentioned in the  platform specific release notes?

I recently had to install DDD 3.3.1 on a solaris 2.8 machine with
gcc 3.2.

I had configured DDD with the following options

configure --prefix=/home/test/gnu/ddd

I had the following compilation problem:

strclass.C:1443: invalid conversion from `int' to `std::_Ios_Iostate'
strclass.C:1443:   initializing argument 1 of `void std::basic_ios<_CharT,
   _Traits>::clear(std::_Ios_Iostate) [with _CharT = char, _Traits =
   std::char_traits<char>]'

I solved this by adding -DHAVE_IOSTATE to CXXFLAGS in all Makefiles
under the source tree. (search for -trigraphs and add the text
" -DHAVE_IOSTATE" (without the quotes) after it).

On solving this error, I found another :-)

PannedGE.C: At global scope:
PannedGE.C:145: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(...) to void(*)()'

This is solved by adding the following to the configure command:

--without-athena

i.e building without the Athena widget library.

After this, the last problem:

File logplayer.c has a compilation error, it complains about ambiguous
streampos definition.

Fix: Remove streampos.h from logplayer.c (It's at the beginning)

After this, i finally got DDD 3.3.1 compiled successfully.

Hope this is of some help to others. Thanks to the developers and
maintainers of DDD for a great piece of work.

Best Regards
Sai Shankar