ddd

ddd for bashdb?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: ddd for bashdb?
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:01:33 -0500

I've written a debugger for bash (http://bashdb.sourceforge.net) which
is close to a subsetted union gdb and perl5db and also tries to give
output in the same format as gdb or perl5db. Generally, I prefer gdb
where there is a conflict.

I'm wondering how hard would it be to get bashdb support in ddd; how
amenable are folks to adding yet another debugger to ddd's long list?

Perl's debugger has fewer commands than gdb, so that's probably a good
place to start, but bashdb does have gdb's stack commands. The perl
buttons "run", "step", "next," "cont," "Edit' are all valid. There is
no stepi, nexti, or kill but I have a gdb "return" not a perldb
"return" or gdb "finish".

It looks like the files changed would be DDD.in.m4 args.C and
options.C and Ddd.in.m4 (and associated documentation), right?

Thanks.