ddd

Important

From: Shehu Ibuba
Subject: Important
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:25:20 -0700

I am Engr. Shehu Ibuba, a Director General in the
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and I
presently head a seven-man tenders board in charge of
Contract Awards and Payment Approvals. I came to know
of you in my search for a reliable and reputable
person to handle a very confidential business
transaction, which involves the transfer of a huge sum
of money to a foreign account requiring maximum
CONFIDENCE. My colleagues and I, are Top Officials of
the Federal Government Contract Review and Award
Panel. Our duties include Evaluation, Vetting, and
Approval for payment of Contract jobs done for the
N.N.P.C e.t.c. In order to commence this business we
solicit for your assistance to enable us transfer into
your Account the said funds.The source of this funds
is as follows: In the first
quarter of 1999 this committee was mandated to review
and award contracts to the tune of US$400 million US
dollars to a group of five firms for the supply,
construction and installation of Oil Pipe lines in
Warri and Port Harcourt. During this process my
colleagues and I decided and agreed among ourselves to
deliberately over-inflate the total contract sum from
US$400 million to US$428 million United States dollars
with the main intention of sharing the remaining sum
of US$28 million amongst ourselves. The Federal
Government of Nigeria has since early last year
approved the sum of US$428 million for us as the
contract sum, and the sum of US$400 million has also
been paid to the foreign companies concerned as
contract entitlements for the contract done, but since
the companies are entitled to US$400 million dollars
only, we are now left with US$28 million dollars
balance in the account which we intend to disburse
amongst ourselves, but by virtue of our positions as
civil servants and members of  this panel, we cannot
do this by ourselves, as  we are prohibited by the
Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from
opening and/or operating foreign accounts in our names
while still in Government service, making it
impossible for us to acquire the money in our  names
right now. I have therefore; been delegated as a
matter of trust and urgency by my colleagues in the
panel to look for an overseas partner into whose
account we would transfer the sum of US$28 million.
Hence we are writing you this letter.
My Colleagues and I have agreed that if you or your
company can act as the beneficiary of this funds on
our behalf, you or your Company will retain 20% of the
total amount (US$28 million), while 60% will be for us
(OFFICIALS) and the remaining 20% will be used in
offsetting all debts/expenses incurred both local and
foreign in the cause of this transfer. Needless to
say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is
enormous. In return we demand your complete honesty
and trust
 Please, note that this transaction is 100% legal and
risk free and we hope to conclude this transaction
seven bank workdays from the date of receipt of the
necessary requirements from you. We are looking
forward to doing business with you and solicit your
Total Confidentiality in this transaction. There is no
cause for alarm. I give you my word that you are
completely safe in doing business with us. Most
Government executives have successfully carried out
transactions like this in the past. Here in my country
there is great economic and political disarray and
thus looting and corruption is rampant and the order
of the day, thus explaining why you might have heard
stories of how money is been taken out of Nigeria,
this is because everyone is making desperate attempts
to secure his or her future, so that when we retire
from active service we do not languish in poverty. I
will explain more to you when I have heard from you.
Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter using
the above E-mail. I will bring you into the complete
picture of this pending business transaction when I
have heard from you and also receive your confidential
telephone and fax numbers. Your urgent response will be
highly appreciated to enable us transfer the funds with this  quarter payment.
Thank you and God Bless.
Yours faithfully,
Engr. Shehu Ibuba