ddd

MPCGDB problems with DDD

From: patrick philbin
Subject: MPCGDB problems with DDD
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 21:50:15 -0400

Hi all,

I have very recent additions of LINUX, GCC, GDB and DDD (less than 2
mos.).  I have compiled PPCBOOT to work with my propriatory hardware and
I am currently using the MPCGDB interface to my hardware.  I have the
MPCGDB interface to my platform working: it initializes my platform and
I can download working PPCBOOT, as well as various ram disc and linux
flash images and I can execute code.

I can do this from DDD as well, but I can't seem to configure DDD to
correctly find my source files for debugging purposes.  If I try open a
source file, I get a file not found in /root/filename.  Which makes
sense since none of my source files are there.  However, when I change
the settings in Edit:GDB Settings pull down menu to my source file
directories, and save the session, DDD finds the source files ok, but
GDB will no longer run.  When I hit the CONT button, the GDB debugger
window comes back with the message:"The program is not being run".

What do I have screwed up in my configuration?

thank you in advance,
Patrick Philbin