ddd

DDD question

From: Ken Tam
Subject: DDD question
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:12:32 -0400

Hi!

I am one of the developers currently using DDD as debugging tool.  Recently,
our development Unix machine has been changed from 32-bit mode to 64-bit
mode.  Since this change, core file generated (the file is generated when
64-bit is on) cannot be opened by DDD.

Here is the error I got:
        warning: Couldn't find general-purpose registers in core file.

However, DDD could open core file and debug on core file without any problem
when the Unix machine was running on 32 bit.

My guess is DDD is designed for 32-bit, and it can run on 64-bit machine but
cannot read core file (generated by 64-bit Unix machine).  Am I correct?  If
yes, what option do I have for debugging a 64-bit core file?

Ken Tam

Product Developer